Seedbox LFTP File Transfer method (most recommended)

tim

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
May 17, 2018
Yo wassup Evo users, today I am going ot show you how this revolutionary method of transferring files from seedbox to your pc is going to change your life. The method not only promises better sleep but also ensures that your Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Kids/wives remain happy especially when you need to download the large file you want to watch together fast.

So what is lftp and why I ditch good old FileZilla or any other FTP program for it?

1. It is free.
2. We set it up preconfigured on your account. (almost 0 learning curve required )
3. It is secure.
4. It has fastest transfer speeds.
5. Low on resources.

You must be thinking to stop being this snake oil salesman Tim and get on with the tutorial .. well I trust me when you get the hang with this app, I am sure this will also be your thang!

Step 1: Where do I find this LFP program?

Well, its simple just go to your client area and press this shiny green button and just click on it it will download a file on your computer lftp.zip.
Download lftp for your seedbox.png

Step 2: Extract the archive to the drive where you want to download the content from your seedbox(When in doubt to choose the drive to ask yourself this "Which drive do I want to make an object of envy for my friends and family). For this tutorial, I choose my drive E on my PC.

Extract LFTP to the drive.png

Extract LFTP to the drive vissually.png

Step 3. Open the folder and run
Open the run file
run file to start lftp for seedbox.png

Step 4.

The lftp add is already updated with your credentials you just have to click login and click okay on the verification dialogue window that shows up

Login Lftp to access file sin seedbox.png

lftp dialogue window.png

Step 5: Now that you will have your seedbox folders mapped on the right bottom box, browse to the folder where you store downloads in your seedbox, Generally downloads/manual

Browse to files and folders in your seedbox.png

Step 6.

A . For files, right click on them choose file custom command and select Pget
using pget in lftp.png

B. For Folder right click on them, hover the mouse over file custom commands and select Mirror.

Mirror for lftp from seedbox.png

For folders, it is recommended to Mirror one folder at a time.

You can find your downloaded contents in your drive:/lftp/downloads
downlaoded folder for lftp.png

Just try this method, it's the fastest way to download files/folders even when your ISP is throttling you. If any part of this tutorial is not clear please feel free to drop me a line I will add further explanations to it.

Last edited:

biowar

May 26, 2018
I am getting the same "cannot find winSCP.exe" error
NVM I just manually added "winSCP.exe" manually into file ".bin>

Last edited:

mrpillay

Jun 2, 2018
I am getting the same "cannot find winSCP.exe" error
NVM I just manually added "winSCP.exe" manually into file ".bin>
Thank you for that, I just did what you did, and it's working, but I don't see "Mirror" in the "File Custom Commands" option, see the below screenshot.

FightClub

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
May 17, 2018
hey everyone, make sure you extract it, run it a few times, wait a few minutes to 30 minutes, it will work, its just a little glitchy :)

mrpillay

Jun 2, 2018
hey everyone, make sure you extract it, run it a few times, wait a few minutes to 30 minutes, it will work, its just a little glitchy :)
Hi there, Is it possible to re-upload the .zip file as I don't have all the files in the current .zip file, hence I've been struggling with this for around a week now.

wayneg

Jun 15, 2018
So if, like me, you didn't follow the instructions to " Extract the archive to the drive where you want to download the content from your seedbox" you can easily change the default download directory at the login dialog box: click Edit>Advanced>Directories>Local directory and then assign the directory to which you want to download the content from your seedbox.

Last edited:
Top Bottom